I’m back with another recipe and surprise, surprise … it’s another dessert. Valentine’s Day is all about love and being sweet, and what better way to be sweet than with chocolate right? So, I’m taking advantage of this holiday and making another treat for the second time in a week – Chocolate Bark! I also think this is completely justified seeing as my boyfriend finished all of the Peanut Butter Balls I made earlier this week within two days. Yes, I said all of them. I think this recipe is even easier than the peanut butter balls, if you can believe it. There’s only four ingredients, and the most time consuming part about this recipe is waiting for the oven to preheat.
When my mom and my step-dad moved in together 14 years ago, this recipe was one of the first things that my step-sister taught me to make. I remember the first time she made it I was so amazed by how good it tasted for something so simple that I almost ate half of the container within a day … oops. All you need to make this awesome recipe are some Breton crackers, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. I always top my bark with skor pieces because my mom absolutely loves them, and this time I decided to throw some heart sprinkles on to make a cute valentine’s day treat. So the next time you need to whip something up quickly – try out this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark
- 1 pack of Breton crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, skor bits, nuts, or any topping of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a pan with Breton crackers. Break up some crackers to fill in any empty spots on the pan.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Once melted, add in the brown sugar and microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes, until caramelized.
- Pour mixture over crackers and place in the oven for five minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with chocolate chips.
- Once hot, smooth out the chocolate chips and top with sprinkles or whatever you desire.
- Place in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Once hardened, break and enjoy!
- For optimal freshness, store in an airtight container.