I had come into this weekend thinking that I would spend my Sunday morning going for a hike with my boyfriend, but instead we ended up laying in bed till 11 a.m … oops. The stress of the past week had finally caught up with both of us – my boyfriend was studying all week for a big exam that he had to write on Saturday morning, and I’ve found myself stressed 24/7 lately as graduation is nearing, which means a ton of final assignments plus the added pressure of trying to find a job or an internship. So by the time Sunday morning rolled around, we were both so exhausted that we decided to post-pone the hike till next weekend (Maybe …).
Once we finally got ourselves up and moving, we decided we wanted to make something quick and easy for breakfast. So, we decided on breakfast wraps. These wraps are so easy to make and are packed with protein so you are left feeling very full afterwards. All you need are some scrambled eggs, veggies of your choice, cheese and bacon. That being said, the eggs are the star of this wrap – so here is a video on how to make perfect scrambled eggs.
So if you are ever in the mood for a quick, simple and healthy breakfast, try out these wraps!
Ingredients (for one wrap)
- Dempster’s Garden Vegetable Tortilla
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- Green pepper, diced
- Onion, diced
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 strips of bacon
- Spreadable goat cheese
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sautee green peppers and onions in a frying pan.
- Mix together goat cheese and sriracha. Spread mixture onto tortilla.
- Scramble eggs and combine with green peppers, onion and red pepper flakes.
- Place eggs and veggies on top of tortilla.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bacon.
- Fold wrap and place in frying pan on medium-low heat, until warm.
- Cut in half and enjoy!